Reporting Horses in Need

Home » Contact » Reporting Horses in Need

HRA is required to adhere to the legal aspects of horse rescue and ownership. Not doing so would jeopardise the continued operation of the organisation and thus the continued care of horses, as well as affect the lives of those running HRA.

HRA is not legally able to direct owners to change the way they care for their horses or to seize horses (regardless of how poor the horse may be). We work with the authorities by taking in horses they have seized.

If you find a horse loose on public land please ring your local council. Animal rangers have the power to take in stray animals.

If you know of a horse that is not being adequately cared for, or has been left behind somewhere, please contact either the Animal Welfare League or the RSPCA in your state. These are the only bodies authorised to direct owners or seize horses.