Home » Contact » Surrendering

If you have a horse that you can no longer keep, please try advertising in your local feed store, saddlery or vets. HRA only take in neglected, abused and abandoned horses, not unwanted horses. If the horse is poor and all other avenues have been explored we MAY be able to take your horse.

Privately surrendered horses must be surrendered to us with good title. This means that we must have a letter of authority from the legal owner agreeing to HRA taking the horse.

If a horse has been left on your property and you cannot contact the owner, then there are steps that must be taken to try to find the owner, including advertising in local newspapers. Please contact the police for more information.