HORSE RESCUE AUSTRALIA INC. (HRA)
HRA respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your information. Your privacy is important to us because we appreciate and value your support. HRA is obliged to comply with The Privacy Act 1988, Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, Spam Act 2003 and other privacy laws applicable to charitable organizations. Your use of our website signifies implied agreement to this Privacy Statement.
What is “personal information”?
1. Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not (Privacy Act 1988). Personal information includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, age and e-mail addresses. You can find out more about the privacy legislation by reviewing the website of the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Why we collect information
2. HRA is a not for profit, registered charity, that relies on financial support from valued people like you, to care for our horses. Our primary purpose of collecting personal information is so that we can communicate with our supporters
3. We are careful with all your details and will use them to support our membership and to contact you with information we believe is important to you, such as upcoming activities and newsletters
4. HRA will not provide your personal information to any other individuals or organizations unless:
a. We have your prior consent, except where we are required by law to disclose your personal information; and
b. We are required to provide it to third party service providers in order for them to provide services to HRA for example database management. In such cases, we will ensure that our service providers understand their obligations to comply with the Privacy Act and Privacy Amendments to keep your personal information secure and confidential.
How we collect information
5. Your personal information is only collected as is necessary for HRA to function or for a specific activity. When you give us personal information such as your name and address, we record it on our database and may use it to contact you. If you do not want HRA to contact you please contact HRA via email by[wpml_mailto email="Rescue@horserescueaustralia.org.au"] Clicking the Icon [/wpml_mailto]
6. Information that may lead to the identification of previous owners of horses in our care is protected and will not be disclosed unless for legal reasons
7. HRA collects information in many different ways. The personal information we collect comes from sources such as donations, membership forms, volunteer registrations, appeal responses, our website (e.g. through online donations) or if you have previously contacted us by email, telephone or in writing
8. HRA will not display images of individuals on any media, website, printed newsletter or promotional material without the consent of the subject, the legal guardian or carer
9. Where appropriate, you have the option of not identifying yourself when dealing with HRA and you are entirely free to choose what information to provide to HRA.
Security and Storage of your Personal Information
10. Personal information will be collected and stored on confidential databases maintained by the HRA committee. Committee members are bound by Privacy legislation to respect confidentiality and not disclose the information to any third party except as permitted or required by law.
11. Once any personal information is received or collected by HRA, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure
12. Personal electronic information is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times. HRA will not be held responsible for unauthorized access to personal information where HRA has taken reasonable steps to protect and secure that information.
13. Personal information will be destroyed or permanently de-identified when it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
14. HRA will not sell or exchange or release personal information about an individual for commercial gain.
Access, Correction and Deletion rights
15. You are entitled to amend or delete your personal information held by HRA if you believe it to be out of date or incorrect. Please send us an email [wpml_mailto email="Rescue@horserescueaustralia.org.au"](Click the Icon) [/wpml_mailto] and we will amend your personal information accordingly, unless for legal reasons we are required to keep it.
Concerns or Complaints
16. If you have any concerns about the management of your personal information HRA can be contacted via email by[wpml_mailto email="Rescue@horserescueaustralia.org.au"] Clicking the Icon [/wpml_mailto]. All reasonable efforts will be made to investigate and resolve your concerns however, if you are not satisfied with the outcome you may complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au
Visiting our website
17. HRA’s website may contain links to the websites of supporters, other organizations or service providers which may be of interest to you. HRA does not accept any responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of linked websites. Linked websites, , are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy policies.
18. HRA may, without notice, amend or modify this Privacy Statement on the website. Please refer to this page to update yourself of any amendments that may have been made.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this statement, please contact HRA on (02) 8250 1442 or via email.